|TBR Tannas Basic Rotary Viscometer|
|A low-shear (1-200 reciprocal seconds) rotational viscometer that measures true viscosity (dynamic) not a combined viscosity-density value (kinematic). This is very important when distinguishing the viscous properties of synthetic and mineral oils or when comparing water-based and oil-based lubricants. For automotive applications the TBR has been found particularly useful in measuring the viscosity of sooted diesel engine oils. Autosampler available.
- High temperature, low shear rate rotational (absolute) viscometry. |
- Sample measurement time as quick as 5 minutes, depending on sample type.
- Incorporates the Chase-flush technique for sample injection.
- Excellent for measuring viscosities of 'used' and 'heavily sooted' oils.
- AutoSampler Delivery System also available.|
- Viscometer: ~ 32 lbs. (10" x 10" x 16") or (25 x 25 x 41 cm)
- Console Box: ~7 lbs. (8.5" x 13" x 5.5") or (22 x 33 x 14 cm)
- Ambient to over 200°C (±0.1°C)
- Sub-ambient temperature operating information upon request.
Shear Rate Capabilities:
- Maintains constant shear rate from 1 to over 200 reciprocal seconds (sec-1), depending on speed
setting and rotor size.
- Continuous viscosity reading directly into centiPoise (cP).
- Fifty (50) mL sample size is recommended.
- The TBR is capable of analyzing fluids with viscosities ranging from 1 to 35,000 cP with the
current Rotor design. For measuring higher viscosities, a different size Rotor may be required.
This can be investigated on a project basis. The desired operating temperatures would be
required for such a project to commence.
- When measuring oils with viscosities too high to manually (hand) inject into the TBR via the
syringe, a Pump Controller is required.
Accuracy & Repeatability:
- TLS-I Viscometer - Specially modified Brookfield Viscometer with traditional Brookfield
torque accuracy: ±0.1, reproducibility: ±0.2%.
- A repeatability study conducted with 10 back-to-back analyses on the TBR resulted in a
Relative Standard Deviation of 0.083% with repeatability at 0.23%.
- 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Also available in 220 VAC)
- Over-temperature Cut-out Fuse
- CE Marked|