|TBS 2100E Tapered Bearing Simulator Viscometer|
|The TBS Viscometer was the world?s first very high shear rate viscometer. In 1979 the instrument was invented, developed, and later patented by Savant Inc. and became the first instrument produced by Tannas Co. formed in 1981. The TBS is the reference instrument for high shear rate viscometry against which other instruments are compared.
- High temperature, high shear rate rotational (absolute) viscometry.
- Tapered rotor turning at high speeds within an identically matched stator containing the oil
sample -- at a very close tolerance.
- Measures viscosities at multiple shear rates which is particularly useful with multigrade oils
and their influence on fuel efficiency. |
|ASTM D4683, ASTM D6616
Equivalent to ASTM D4741, CEC L36-A-90
SAE J300 Engine Oil Viscosity Grade Classification
- ILSAC GF-2 and GF-3 Engine Oil Specification|
- Multiple supershear rate capabilities
- DC motor is invulnerable to changes in frequency
- Minimal Maintenance
- Replaces previous Tannas models - TBS 500, SSTBS, original TBS 2100
- Excellent for measuring viscosities of 'used' oils.
- Sample measurement time as quick as 5 minutes, depending on sample type.
- Incorporates the Chase-flush technique for sample injection.
- Semi-Automation Package includes AutoSampler Delivery System and Computer.|
- Viscometer: ~ 40 lbs. (~ 7"(W) x 11"(L) x 13"(H)) or (18 x 28 x 33 cm)
- Console Box: ~ 20 lbs. (~ 17" x 18" x 6") or (43 x 46 x 15 cm)
- Constant temperature control from ~80°C to over 200°C (±0.1°C)
Shear Rate Capabilities:
- Incorporates a variable speed (supershear) motor capable of running at 12 different speeds
allowing the operator the ability to change the shear rate by simply adjusting the motor speed
dial -- since speed is proportional to shear rate.
- Capable of achieving shear rates ranging from 50,000 reciprocal seconds (sec-1) to beyond
7 x 106 sec-1.
- Powerful DC motor allows oils with viscosities up to 30 centiPoise (cP) to be analyzed. Air
control flow meter and connection ports are included to control viscous heating effects when
analyzing these higher viscosity oils.
- In-line Transducer outputs to LED torque meter on console box (0-1 VDC)
- Continuous dual-temperature LED reading (actual and set)
- Fifty (50) mL sample size is recommended
Precision & Accuracy:
- Repeatability = 2.3% of mean
- Reproducibility = 3.6% of mean
- Torque Resolution : 0.5%
- 120 VAC, 50/60 Hz (Also available in 220 VAC)
- Internal fast-acting Fuses
- Over-temperature Cut-out Fuse
- CE Mark|